Participated in the panel of the International conference “Regulation of Media in a digital, mobile and social environment : Adapting, reforming, rebuilding” organized in Rabat Morocco by the Moroccan High Authority for Audiovisual Communication ( HACA) in partnership with the Francophone Network of Media Regulators ( REFRAM ) and the African Communication Regulation Authorities Network ( ACRAN ).
I spoke at the Panel, entitled “Self-regulation and co-regulation, the future of regulation?” that touched on subjects such as :
- What steps to involve the various players in the media value chain in consolidating regulation?
- What complements to media education and communication programs to promote critical thinking and understanding of the public vis-a-vis media content?
- What assessment should be made of the self-regulatory tools rolled out by global digital platforms and social network?
The panelists were :
- Moderator : Mr Karim Ibourki, President of the Supreme Council for Audiovisual – Wallonia-Brussels Federation Belgium
- Khaled KOUBAA, Facebook
- Mr Richard Hutt, Complaints Director BBC UK
- Mr Nasrullah Ozturk General Director of the Broadcasting Regulatory Authorities Forum of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation IBRAF
- Ms Koki Angela, Communication Authority KenyaN